Once tried, Always used.
In 1882, an Indianapolis chemist noticed how clean and shiny his tarnished pot was after cooking rhubarb.
Using an active ingredient that's found in the plant he formulated a talcum-smooth cleanser and sold it to the city taverns.
So pleased were his customers with how well it worked on bar fixtures, the product was dubbed the "Bar Keepers Friend". The same non-bleach formula that put a shine to the brass rails of taverns at the turn of the century is used in households today. Proudly, still made in Indianapolis and contains no phosphates.
- Multipurpose cooktop cleaner is a soft liquid cleaner with many cleaning uses.
- Use on glass ceramic cooking surfaces for stubborn stains and dried on food.
- Safe and effective on cool or warm (not hot) surfaces.
- Can also be used on Stainless Steel and Porcelain sinks, tubs and tiles.
- Removes tarnish from chrome, copper and brass.